Main menu

Pages

Cartoonerific! David Lanham is a Bucketfull of AWEsome!


I found out about David Lanham - the amazing & talented artist from the Iconfactory who created the Ollie the Twitter bird (now available to purchase as a collectible toy!) on Mashable: FaceTime + $50 = Awesome Personalized Avatar & Wired: Geek Artist Making $50 Caricatures Over FaceTime this summer and just had to fearfully indulge in a custom cartoon avatar! I loved his style and he's got all kinds of geek hipster street cred! My geek greed demanded to be satiated!

It took over a month to get an appointment - Here's the outfit I was wearing

A Mini Tophat from Etsy.com, monocle on a black satin ribbon, babyphat black crotchet sweater, Steampunk Louise Black orig antique doll part necklace and lots of goth makeup!

We connected via Skype and had a lovely convo for about 20 min or so while he sketched (and showed me a super cute puppy he and his wife are fostering) and this was the result! Very cool and SO worth it!

Funny, I think it looks good...I look like a sweet dotty Steampunk English lady here! OMFG!* What a hoot! I'm OK with that.

He's even given me permission to tweak it as needed or desired (he understands my near pathological addiction to Photoshop) So I made a version that was super bright and of course...POSTERIZED it!

Check out the David Lanham Flickr Gallery.

@dlanham [Twitter]

Dave’s website home-page [Dave Lanham]

*OMFG: Oh my fairy godmother

reactions

Comments