Main menu

Pages

It's a Cartoon, It's An Avatar,It's a New Animated YOU!


Let's Get Animated!
Jodie & Phyl my hosts from Australia (background story below!) asked me to write a short article on a tech topic to distribute to schools in Australia and New Zealand. So, you know I HAD to highlight 20+ of my favourite Super Avatar Generators & Creators! The piece has been made into a promo flier & a full article - PLUS... you know you can get all the links & graphics from the
Companion & Updated Avatar wikipage! 
(Click below)
Avatar_HeaderHeroFactory.jpg

You can view the flier embedded below or download it from Slideshare

Download the article directly from the SybaSigns server or Slideshare (embedded below)
It's a Cartoon! It's an Avatar - Full Article from gwyneth jones
Your Head - In a Jar!
Hope you enjoy it! If you have visited that wikikpage before, I've recently updated it adding the latest, coolest APP....the Futurama Head in Jar generator for iPhone & iPad with design tips!

 

Super thanks to **jake duncan** @**duncanbilingual** for exposing me to this COOL new generator on his Google+ Profile!

I'll Carry Luggage!
SybaSigns of Australia have treated me very well, and I haven't even met them YET! My mentor, Dr. Joyce Valenza has worked with the awesome gals Phyl & Jodie of @SybaSigns traveling to Australia & New Zealand speaking and conducting Teacher Librarian workshops for years. This year she & they invited me to come along! Ummmm Yes, please! Heck, I'd carry Joyce's luggage and get her latte every morning!....Oh and speak a little here & there! Seriously, I'm terribly flattered to have been invited with Joyce to go on a 3 city speaking tour conducting workshops. Am I gushing? I'm gushing a bit, huh? Ok, I'll tone that down! Check out our wikipage for the tour - Navigating the Digital Shift: Transliteracy, Transparency, & Curation.

Meet You Down Under!
I hope I'll be meeting some of my Australian PLN and getting to know a whole new group of kindred spirits! (Yeah, that was an Anne of Green Gables moment!) This is a true dream come true for me - ever since I was a swoony teen girl and saw a Masterpiece Theatre production of a Town Like Alice & got the hots for dishy Bryan Brown (Ahem!) ......errr...anyway!
We're visiting Sydney, Adelaide, & Perth! Check out our tour!

Cheers dears! Take, Use, Share! As always, I love your thoughts, suggestions, & comments!

reactions

Comments