Main menu

Pages


Why not give a gift to yourself? Of balance.

Do you sleep with the phone next to your bed? Perhaps binging or vibrating every time a text or Tweet comes in? 

A friend of mine Friday night teased me when she saw my iPhone screen. That I had over 23,000 emails I hadn't read and she told me to take a screenshot. I shrugged & said, well - I don't use my phone for that- I read all my emails on my computer. Is that wrong? She laughed. Whatever. ;-)

"The benefits of a smartphone sabbatical are many. Research shows too much tech can interfere with our sleep, make us feel insecure and more." - HuffPo

The purpose of this 7 Day Digital Detox Smart Phone Challenge is to find a balance in your life between the hectic, frenetic, continuous connectivity to the world and social media with slowing down, paying attention and valuing our loved ones, friends, & family.

Do I practice what I preach? Nahhh! Ok Sometimes! But I hope this infographic helps me to remember, too!

I really like going "off the grid" when I'm at the beach. Sitting on the balcony, fuzzy socks on, sheepskin pillow cuddling, & just reading. For hours.  Just being quiet. I know, for someone who has such a big & voluble mouth. But, ironically, that's also where I've done some of my best writing & blogging! Go figure.

(View Infographic in a LARGE size - once there, click on picture to make larger)
Weed Your Twitter Feed

Unfollow those people on Twitter who don't follow you back using ManageFlitter - or Unfollow those Twitter followers who are inactive and haven't Tweeted in 3 motnhs! I found this an easy to use and effective tool! You can only unfollow 100 people a day, so it may take a while. Right now I have 451 people I follow, who don't follow back. OK, I get it Daniel Handler aka Lemony Snicket, Neil Gaiman, The Maryland Science Center (Why not!?), or Wil Wheaton - but really AASL? Really? WOW...that hurts.

Have you taken a digital detox? How did it go? Did you stick to it?  I'd love to hear in the comments! 
The photo above was taken by my Mom.  She's awesome.

Resources:

A Digital Detox Test: Unplug Twitter and Facebook

Digital Detox - Huffington Post

Infographic inspired by an article on Popsugar to help me remember, too!


reactions

Comments