Main menu

Pages

Floyd Mayweather says he has been offered 'nine-figure' sums to fight again

Floyd Mayweather says he has been offered 'crazy' money to fight again
Floyd Mayweather says he has been offered 'crazy' money to fight again
Floyd Mayweather admits he has been offered "crazy numbers" of money to fight again.
'Money' has been officially retired since September but says he has already been offered "nine-figure" sums to fight again.
But Mayweather, currently in the UK on a media tour, is adamant he is happy to stay out of the ring - for now.
"As of right now, I am out completely," he told BBC World Service Sport.
"If I do get the itch to come back, it really won't be for the money but I have to get paid. That's why the nickname is Floyd 'Money' Mayweather."

If I do get the itch to come back, it really won't be for the money but I have to get paid. That's why the nickname is Floyd 'Money' Mayweather.

Floyd Mayweather
Mayweather's final fight, a unanimous decision win over Andre Berto, saw him walk away from the sport equalling Rocky Marciano's 49-0 record.
The 38-year-old refused to name the world's best pound-for-pound fighter in his absence but is adamant he is "The Best Ever", backing up his claim last year that he is better than Muhammad Ali.
"I really wouldn't want to say the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world," he said.
"You know, I am no longer active. I would like to say 'The Best Ever' (TBE). It's not being cocky or arrogant, it's just the proof is in the pudding. I think I have earned the right to call myself TBE.
Mayweather walked away from the sport on September 12, 2015 - and remains retired
Mayweather walked away from the sport on September 12, 2015 - and remains retired
"And I have lived up to the name TBE by going out there, day-in, day-out, when I was active and winning.
"Have I have ever took a loss before? Yes. In life. You lose a loved one, that's taking a loss. When your children hurt, that's a loss. 
"When you are sick, that's a loss. But I got to where I got to from a lot of hard work, a very strong team, a smart team that stood behind me."
reactions

Comments