Main menu

Pages

The future of Android Revolution HD


It's been quite a long time since I updated some of custom ROMs for HTC One series devices. This weekend I was able to release 2 major update for the HTC One M8 and HTC One M9.

Re-build from the beginning using latest 2.10.401.1 base
De-odexed using latest tools with better arm64 support
SuperSU updated to latest 2.52
Updated Google apps
Updated custom apps
Updated HTC apps
Sense Toolbox updated to latest 2.2.1
Total ROM size reduced by almost 200MB
Other minor changes and fixes
Based on the latest 4.16.401.13 update
SuperSU updated to latest 2.52
Updated Google apps
Updated custom appsUpdated HTC apps
Sense Toolbox updated to latest 2.2.1
Total ROM size reduced by almost 200MB
Other minor changes and fixes
Now, the short story. If you're wondering what's the reason behind my little activity on the custom ROMs development field, it's because last 4 months brought a lot of changes in my life. In June 2015 I became a proud father of the most beautiful girl in the world. As you can imagine, priorities changed :)


Also, I got married with my fiancée few weeks ago. We planned this marriage since 2013, but as always, last few weeks of preparations were extremely busy. Plus the baby was already here :)

It's worth to mention, that during last few years Android Revolution HD was the most popular custom ROM for high-end HTC devices. With a total number of 6.430.689 downloads (6,5 millions !!!) Android Revolution custom ROMs series became the biggest and most desirable custom ROM for the HTC high-end devices.

Android Revolution HD will still be supported, and all projects will be still continued. I just can't spend as much time on it as I used to spend in the past. Plus the the real life business I own expanded and developed significantly, so I need to focus now on my family and work. Both needs me :)

PS. I'm thinking about getting a Nexus 6P as my next daily device, as soon as it's available in my country. Are you considering Nexus 6P as your next device too? Would you like to run Android Revolution HD on it? Let me know, as I'm trying to find out if it's worth to start N6P custom ROM development.

Do you have any questions or comments? Feel free to share! Also, if you like this article, please use media sharing buttons (Twitter, G+, Facebook) below this post!


For latest news follow Android Revolution HD on popular social platforms:

reactions

Comments